When we talk about learning excel, then you might rarely rely on books to make you expertize in Ms. Excel. Instead of buying books, people willing to learn it from Google. But if you want everything then books are the best option for you. To help you buy the right excel book, we have listed a few best excel books reviews that help you make the right decision. You can check the complete details and review about these top recommended Excel books here.
The MS Excel is a platform that you can learn from Google but if you want to learn Excel comprehensively then instead of learning from Google, you must choose books. You can also choose excel courses but they can be quite costly in comparison with books. In fact, you can miss some functions and formulas while taking online courses but in books, you will find everything.
Best Excel Books
To learn anything, you must need good learning resources so that you can use your precious time effectively. I have personally read each of the books and learned lots of them.
Microsoft Excel 2016 Bible (The Comprehensive Tutorial Resource)
By reading this book thoroughly, you can do these things easily.
- Creating functional spreadsheets that you can use for various minor and major things.
- You can create charts and integrate graphics to enhance your content visibility.
- Using conditional formatting you can create more visualize data.
- Details about add-ins in your spreadsheet.
- Basics of Excel
- Excel Formulas and functions
- How to create charts and graphics
- Advanced Excel features
- Programming Excel (VBA)
Approximately 33 customers recommended this book and gave 4.6 ratings. These customers recommended this book to everyone who wants to make their career in excel or wants to learn excel deeply. So if you are a beginner or an intermediate, then this book is for you.
Excel Dashboards and Reports
After thoroughly reading this book, you can easily get an insight about
- Concepts about the dashboard and give you tip to use it in a better way.
- You will find dashboard rules and guidelines that help you creating wonderful dashboards.
- Analyze data and reports that enhance the dashboard look and make it more effective.
- Use different perspectives to get better data visibility and divide data into different views.
- Find tools and techniques to create eye-catching visualizations, impressive design, and other such dashboards and reports.
- Excel dashboards
- Charts introduction in your dashboards
- Advanced charting concepts
- Pivot table dashboards
- Working with the outside world
More than 33 excel users recommended this book after reading it. As per their rating, the book has 4 stars rating. The users recommended this book because it helps you learn how to create awesome dashboards by giving you details about the tools and techniques that let you build one.
Excel 2016 for Dummies (All-in-One)
- With Excel 2016 for dummies, you can make changes in the data, learn how to transfer data between worksheets and organize information and create graphs.
- Helps in learning how to create worksheets, to use formulas, how to integrate graphs, how to do conditional formatting excel, and more.
- Basics of Excel
- Designing of worksheet
- Excel formulas and functions
- Collaboration of worksheet
- Excel charts and graphics
- Data Management and Analysis
- Learning of Macros and VBA
More than 57 excel users recommended this book. It has a 4.5-star rating and comes at an affordable price. This all-in-one excel book offers you all the details like creating and editing worksheets, formulas, how to import data, and to perform statistical functions.
Building Financial Models with Microsoft Excel (by Scott Proctor)
- Learn to create Financial Modelling.
- Learn to budget
- Financial statements integration like Cash flow, balance sheet, and income statements.
- Learn how to present financial models.
- Operating Budget: Sales, Collections, Inventory, Purchases, Cost of Goods Sold, Expenses, Income Statement
- Financial Models
- Financial Budget: Capital and Cash Budget
- Cash flows and dashboard
- Financial Statements
- Financial Ratios
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Contribution Margin Analysis
Around 15 excel users recommended this book. It has 3-star ratings. This is the best excel book for those who want to learn about financial modeling. The book is mainly purchased by professionals who want in-depth knowledge of advanced excel.
Power Pivot and Power BI
- A complete guide for excel pivot table, relationships, and databases.
- Teach you how to start DAX and Power Pivot.
- This is a perfect guide for professionals and students.
- If you want to take idea and core knowledge of any topic related to excel then this book is for you.
The book is an amalgamation of various things including Power Query, Power BI, PowerPivot, and DAX. The book is not recommended for the beginners, the person must have the basic idea of the pivot table and databases.
The book is recommended by approximately 33 excel users and they gave this book 4.5-star ratings. This Power Pivot and Power BI book are best for the users who want to learn Power Pivot. In this book, you can take its golden tips and tricks.
Excel Macros for Dummies
- The Excel Macros for Dummies is written by Michael Alexander. He is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer and is named by Microsoft MVP. The author has 15-years of experience of consulting and developing the office solutions as well as sharing the basic access with excel tips.
- Each and every topic covered as to how to apply macros with complete explanations and instructions given. You can learn here as to how you can customize your application as per your preference and the way you want.
- You can implement excel macros easily and you can work with workbooks, worksheets, and ranges.
- You can streamline your workflow as there is a macro which will solve your problems. There is no requirement for a programmer for further customizations.
- Macro fundamentals Overview
- How to create and build workbooks
- Getting started with VBA
- How to automate your reports
- Retrieving external data sources
- How to send emails from Excel
- How to clean up your data
More than 45 users gave a 4.5 rating and recommend this book. This is one of the great books who never tried macros before. In this book, you will find 70 excel macros that you can customize according to your wish for immediate use.
Excel Formulas & Functions for Dummies
- The user can use excel functions and understand how this function works in the formula
- How to use 150 in-built excel functions to solve problems by crunching numbers.
- Different ways to calculate investments and you can track your expenses.
- Help in making good financial decisions by comparing rates in excel
- It tells you all your excel functions that help in solving problems related to cost, interest rates, and ROI. You can learn different predicting factors used for forecast and get details of current trends.
- Learn different ways to diversify data from the database. How to use HLookup and VLookup as well as If statement
- Top 10 functions you must know
- Amortization table
- Working with dates and times
- Correction of formula errors
- Database Functions
- Manage Inventory
- Real world examples
- How to use excel for decision making
More than 44 customers recommended this book and have given 4.5 ratings. This is one of the best books to learn all excel functions and formulas that help in making a financial decision like securing a mortgage, computing grades, buying car or home, calculating the investment performance, and other functions.
Excel VBA Programming for Dummies
- Get complete details about VBA and learn how to automate tasks, use add-ins, commands, and develop macro-driven applications.
- You can learn to create custom functions in the user interface of Excel. You can design user-based applications and work upon them.
- Explore different range objects and create various excel user forms.
- You can take the data analysis and your programming skills to the next level so that you can implement VBA.
- VBA Advantages and disadvantages
- Working of Excel object hierarchy
- How to handle errors
- How to create macros
- Properties and methods of useful range objects
- Custom solutions that fit according to your needs
- How to solve bugs coming in between code
Around 140 users recommended this book and gave 4.5 ratings. They said that the book covers all the basics and has clear teaching approach. Just follow examples and learn the step by step process. If you want to improve your VBA Learning skills then you must buy excel VBA programming for dummies.
Professional Excel Development
- You will find a hands-on case study project that helps you practicing of planning, architecture, and building the excel applications.
- The book is written by four authors, out of which three of them are honored by Excel MVPs. With this book, they offered complete guidance to build powerful, robust, and secure applications.
- Applications in excel are getting more complex and the platform of website development is getting more powerful. Hence a developer needs some tutorial or guidance that helps in solving a problem for the next level of sophistication. Hence the professional excel development book is specially designed for those developers.
- Excel with Web Services integration
- Deploy applications
- How to design worksheets
- In-Built add-ins
- You can construct applications
- Windows API calls
- Make you master in error handling, debugging, and optimization of VBA
- Learn visualization solutions
- How to work with VB.Net
The book is recommended by many users and they have rated this book 4.5. This is specially designed for the developers as this is the only book that offers in-depth, insight of excel programming. You can build powerful applications using various Microsoft technologies.
Learn Excel 2016 Expert Skills
- By reading this book, your skills will be greater or broader than other excel users and you can very well understand all the excel features.
- You will find that the instructions are logically designed in the form of sessions and lessons. It caters for self-learning and teaching period. Make sure that you must complete every single lesson each day.
- This is not a beginner’s book and did not cover any basics of excel. If you are one level upside of a beginner then Excel 2016 Essential Skills book is for you. Make sure that you must know all the basics of excel.
- Each and every concept is described in simple English. No jargons are used to make you learn easily.
- The book is most-preferred by the Excel teachers as it is designed in such a way that it teaches excel not look as reference books. It has the best methodology that clearly defines the objective of every learning session.
- Separation of OLAP skills from mainstream excel skills
- How to apply Simple filter and custom filter to a range
- How to apply an advanced filter
- A quick analysis of total and percentage
- How to convert range into a table
- Custom table style creation
- Sort a range by rows and columns
- How to create an automatic structured table reference
This is the most preferred book by the users who want to learn excel, not a reference book but a tutorial. Users who read this book have given 5 ratings to this book. It teaches you the true excel expert level.
Books that are listed above are recommended by excel users and every book has its own plus point. If you are a beginner then go for the Excel 2016 Bible or Excel 2016 for Dummies. The user who are not beginners and wants to learn formulas and functions then buy Excel Formulas & Functions for Dummies as well as Learn Excel 2016 Expert Skills. If you are professional and your objective is to create dashboards then go for Excel Dashboards and Reports whereas for financial modeling, we recommend you to buy Building financial models with Excel. For developers, the best book is Professional Excel Development from where they can get insight view and in-depth excel programming skills whereas to learn VBA Programming you can buy Excel VBA Programming for Dummies and Excel Macros for Dummies. If you want to learn the pivot table only then go for Power Pivot and Power BI. This is how you can buy Best Excel Books via this post. Thanks!!