In Excel, you can merge more than two cells together. Merging two cells together doesn’t mean combining the cell content together but you are combining cells together that has the same space. Here we have commuted steps that will tell you how to merge cells in excel. Check all the steps and follow every step successfully.
How to merge cells in Excel?
Merge & Center
The Merge & Center option is used to merge two or more cells into a single cell and keep the data in the center.
- Select the data set or cells that you want to merge.
- After selecting the cells, find the merge and center icon placed on the ribbon in the alignment tab.
- Click on the drop-down list.
- Select the Merge & Center button.
When you want to merge multiple cells for every row then you have to select the multi-row range. The process of Merge Across is similar to the Merge & Center with the only difference is making a selection.
- Select the multiple cells that you want to merge.
- Go to the Alignment tab and find the Merge & center icon at the ribbon.
- Click on the drop-down list.
- Select Merge Across option.
Also check: How to create excel pivot table?
This option works similar to the Merge & Center with the only difference is that it does not keep the data in the middle.
- Select the data on which you want to apply merge cells.
- Visit the alignment tab and find the Merge & Center icon similar to above.
- Select the drop-down list.
- Choose the Merge cells option.
The option makes the merged cell unmerged. To use the unmerge option, you have to follow the steps:
- Choose the merged data
- In the alignment tab, find the unmerge cell option inside the merge & center.
What is wrap text in Excel?
The wrap text options are used, when the text is long and does not fit to the column. If you don’t want the text to go into its adjacent cell then you can use wrap text option. To use the wrap text option in excel, you need to follow the simple process.
- Select the cell whose text does not fit to the column width.
- Right click on the cell and choose format cells option.
- You will find a pop up of format cells.
- Find the Alignment option, click on Alignment.
- Look for the Wrap text option.
- Select these options and you will find that your text gets fit according to the column width.
How to use Shrink to Fit in Excel?
The Shrink to fit option is used to make the text adjust in the column width. To use this option:
- Select the cell on which you want to apply Shrink to Fit option.
- After selecting the cells, you need to right click on the cell.
- While doing the right click, you need to search the format cell option and click on it.
- In format cell pop-up, choose the alignment tab.
- Click on the Shrink to Fit option and you will find that the text present in the cell gets fitted comfortably.
How to unwrap text in Excel?
Above, you have seen how to wrap text in excel. Now you will find how to unwrap text in Excel. To unwrap text, you need to click on the Ctrl+1 shortcut key. After pressing Ctrl+1, open format cells and uncheck the wrap text checkbox located at Alignment tab.